Get the latest news from RMT as it happens - join our media mailing list
Railway Pensions Commission Report - Railways Pension Scheme
Further to my circular letter No. NP007/08, of 30th January, the General Grades Committee has now considered this matter and adopted the following Pensions sub-Committee Report:
ďThat we note the Pension Fund Commissionís report and therefore instruct the GS to:
1. Organise an urgent meeting of the ASLEF, Confed of Shipbuilding Unions, TSSA and ourselves to pursue this Unionís policy laid down by the 2006/7 AGMs;
2. Seek a meeting with the Employersí representatives of the 103 Sections of the RPS (even if this is a representative group but have the authority to negotiate for everyone);
3. Arrange a meeting of all of our RMT Trustees;
4. Advise the Trustees and instruct Lead Officers not to get involved in any negotiation or consultation over these or other pension proposals relating to this Commission Report and refer any management proposals to the GGC;
5. The General Secretary to bring forward a draft campaign to the GGC no later than 5th March 2008;
6. A dedicated page on this issue to go on the website and a suitable article in the RMT News and all branches and activists to be circulated with this decision.
I shall keep you advised of developments, but would remind members the Commissionís report is available via the following link http://www.railwaypensionscommission.org.uk/.