Get the latest news from RMT as it happens - join our media mailing list
Latest newsSubscribe to RSS Feed
The ten latest RMT news releases are below. For older media releases visit the News Archive.
- Northern Rail staff vote for strike action over casualisation in teeth of management campaign of “lies and dirty tricks.”
- May 20 2013
RMT confirmed today that Northern Rail staff have voted for strike action in a bitter dispute over the casualisation of core rail work against the background of a campaign of lies and dirty tricks by company managers designed to interfere in the internal balloting process.
- RMT to protest as key London rail staff are locked out in bullying dispute
- May 19 2013
RMT mobilises protest tomorrow as rail security and safety staff are locked out
- RMT slams “unprecedented reward for failure” as National Express is handed gold-plated extension to C2C franchise
- May 17 2013
RAIL UNION RMT today slammed the “unprecedented reward for failure” as National Express, the company that threw back the keys on the East Coast leaving a main rail artery in chaos, were granted a gold plated extension to their C2C franchise, the first of a series of win-win deals for rail companies set to be stitched up after the West Coast mainline fiasco.
- S Stock tube drivers on Hammersmith and City and Circle lines to take action over attack on working conditions
- May 17 2013
TUBE UNION RMT confirmed today that driver members at a range of depots serving the Hammersmith and City, Metropolitan and Circle Lines will be taking industrial action in a dispute arising from the introduction of the new S Stock fleet.
- Rail union RMT prepares to ballot for action over “undignified and degrading” Virgin rail staff uniforms
- May 16 2013
Rail union RMT said today that it is preparing to ballot for industrial action on Virgin Trains as staff continue to react with fury to plans to introduce skimpy, revealing and ill-fitting uniforms that union members have branded as degrading.
- Rail union RMT exposes government lies in bid to re-privatise the East Coast Mainline in a move which will cost the public hundreds of millions of pounds
- May 15 2013
Rail union RMT today accused the government of firing off a “barrage of lies” in a desperate attempt to justify the reprivatisation of the East Coast Mainline – a move which the union says will cost the British taxpayer hundreds of millions of pounds in lost revenue payments.
- London rail agency safety and security staff take action in fight for justice
- May 13 2013
TRANSPORT UNION RMT confirmed today that security and safety staff employed by STM Security Group on the London Overground contract will be taking industrial action this week in a dispute over bullying and harassment and an attempt to impose workplace changes without agreement.
- Union calls for withdrawal from EU
- May 13 2013
TRANSPORT UNION RMT today called for British withdrawal from the EU and attacked the media for only using right-wing voices from the anti-EU side of the debate when in fact it is the working class that are suffering most across Europe as a result of the bankers and business-led austerity measures.
- Tube drivers, cleaners and TFL Mitie engineering staff vote for action
- May 10 2013
In separate ballots conducted over the past two weeks, tube drivers, cleaners and TFL electricians and engineers have voted overwhelmingly for action in a series of disputes over attacks on agreements and working conditions, pay and threatened redundancies.
- British transport workers join US Teamsters protest at National Express AGM
- May 8 2013
Representatives of RMT and Unite will be joining a 20 strong delegation of US Teamsters at a protest against union-busting outside the AGM of global transport giant National Express, tomorrow 9th May at 2pm at Kings Place, 90 York Way, London N1 9AG.