Defend Northern Rail and Transpennine Express Jobs And Services Monday 18 August, 10:30am at Department For Transport
Login and add to My RMT
Circular No. NP/150/14
11th August 2014
TO: ALL BRANCHES, REGIONAL COUNCILS, REGIONAL OFFICES,
COUNCIL OF EXECUTIVES & HO OFFICERS.
Defend Northern Rail and Transpennine Express Jobs And Services
Monday 18 August, 10:30am at Department For Transport
Over the Summer, the government has been carrying out a compressed consultation about proposed changes which would see:
• Driver Only Operation introduced on the Northern franchise
• Driver Only Operation left at the discretion of the franchisee on the TPE
• Reduced ticket office opening times
• Cuts to “back room and support functions” staff
• Possible “alliancing” between franchisees and Network Rail
• Encouraging “local delivery models” and community rail (especially in the North East of Northern franchise)
• Increasing fares
• the promotion of third party funding of services
We have been informing members of the public about these changes through a series of events across the region. And thanks to the magnificent efforts of organisers and activists, we have been inundated with pledges of support. Specifically, thousands of passengers have completed our postcard response to the consultation.
Ahead of the consultation closing, we will hand deliver these postcards to the Department for Transport (Great Minster House, 33 Horseferry Road, London SW1P 4DR https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Westminster,+London+SW1P+4DRfirstname.lastname@example.org,-0.1294828,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x487604dd4d811c41:0x4e1c80f9be79571c). Members and activists are invited to attend a demo and the handing in of the postcard consultation responses at the Department for Transport building at 10:30am on Monday 18 August.
Acting General Secretary