Our Ref: BR2/9/8
28 August 2018
CALCULATION OF HOLIDAY PAY – HEATHROW EXPRESS
As you know, your union came to an agreement with Heathrow Express last year with regards to Annual Leave Premium payments. A recent review of the agreement has been carried out and, subject to changes in the law on annual leave, payments will now be received on an annual basis and form part of your terms and conditions. The basis of the payment will remain as outlined in the agreement but upon request from your union, the payments will now be made annually in January, rather than May. This means that a payment from 1st June 2017 to May 31st 2018 will now be split as follows:
• Eligible staff to receive any monies owed from 1st June 2017 to 31st December 2017 in March 2018, for overtime or commission worked, divided by 365 days and multiplied by 20. This is an individual calculation of the total amount of overtime worked or commission earned by each individual between this time period.
• In January 2019, you will receive an individual calculation of the total cash amount of overtime worked by each individual between 1st January 2018 and 31st December 2018. This will be divided by 365 days and multiplied by 20.
• In January 2019, you will receive an individual calculation of the total cash amount of commission earned by each individual between 1st January 2018 and 31st December 2018. This will be divided by 365 days and multiplied by 20.
All other elements remain the same from the original agreement, that is:
• Employees receiving the commission payment will only receive this payment
• Any staff who leave employment after the date of this agreement will be entitled to the above payments on a pro rata basis dependant on leaving date
• All payments made by Heathrow Express will be processed by payroll and subject to applicable PAYE deductions as required by law
Your National Executive Committee has noted this review and instructed me to inform the company of our acceptance.
I trust this keeps you fully informed on this matter.