Our Ref: BR4/0001/PR 27th September 2019
Rates of Pay & Conditions of Service 2019 – Pullman Rail
Further to my previous correspondence on the above matter, the referendum has now concluded and the result is as follows:-
Question: Are you prepared to accept the company’s offer?
Total Votes Cast: 79
Number Voting ‘Yes’: 77
Number Voting ‘No’: 2
Spoilt Papers: 0
The details of the agreement are as follows:-
• With effect from 6th April 2019: 2.5% increase on all base wages
• With effect from 6th October 2019: an additional increase of 0.75% on all base wages plus a one-off £100 payment (taxable)
In addition to these increases, the following changes are also proposed:-
• Bank Holiday Working – Increase to the enhancement rate for any shifts worked on a Bank Holiday from basic pay to time and a half for any future Bank Holidays.
• Increase Paternity rights for employees with two years continuous service to two weeks full pay.
• Increase Maternity Pay for employees with two years continuous service to 13 weeks’ full pay/13 weeks’ half pay.
• As part of this settlement, RMT will agree to meaningful discussions about resolving the current unacceptable levels of both long and short term absence within Pullman Rail.
Noting the result, the union’s National Executive Committee has instructed me to inform the company of our acceptance of the offer. This instruction has been carried out and I have requested that the increase and any back monies are paid at the earliest opportunity.