Our Ref: B/0001/FSW
6TH December 2022
RATES OF PAY AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE 2022 – FIRST SOUTH WEST
Further to our previous correspondence, the e-referendum has concluded, and the result is as follows:-
Question: Are you prepared to accept the company’s offer?
Votes Cast: 244
Number Voting ’Yes’: 176
Number Voting ‘No’: 68
Spoilt Papers: 0
Noting the result, your union’s National Executive Committee has instructed me to inform the company of our acceptance of the offer. This instruction has been carried out and I have requested that the increase and any back monies are paid at the earliest opportunity.
For ease of reference the accepted offer is:-
· Sunday 4th December 2022: basic hourly rate increase by £1.95p to £13.00 (17.6%)
· Sunday 4th December 2022: overtime rate will be increased to £14.00 (16.2%)
· All new starters from Sunday 4th December 2022 will be paid £12.00 basic and £12.50 overtime for the first 12 months before qualifying for substantive driver rates.
Engineering, Cleaners and Supervisory staff
· Rates to be increased in line with the percentages listed above.
The next pay anniversary would therefore be April 2024 for all grades
· The lowest paid staff will have a minimum increase in their basic hourly pay above the percentage rates above. Any employee covered by this agreement currently on less than £10 p/h will be moved to £10 p/h and then will also be entitled to the percentage increases outlined above.
· Moving forward, the company agree to meet RMT representatives every January, April, July and October (as part of the Company Negotiating Committee programme) to discuss the trading position of the company, local market employment conditions and its ability to recruit and retain the best people. This is to assist on future decisions that may need to be made around pay and conditions.
· Pay anniversary date will remain at April from April 2024