Our Ref: HSR/4/6
Head Office Circular: NP/152/19
28th August 2019
To: The Secretary
INFORMATION FOR HEALTH AND SAFETY REPS
Role of the TUC Reps survey
The TUC have launched their regular Health and Safety Reps survey. The RMT are encouraging as many of you as possible to participate. This is a very real chance to influence what support the TUC offer to reps through training courses, guidance docs etc. (please find the survey below)
TUC Briefing for TU Health and Safety Reps-Respiratory Health – a Workplace Issue
Friday 27 September 2019 The TUC will be holding a conference on respiratory health.
Congress House, 23-28 Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3LS
• The central theme for this year is respiratory health, and asbestos past present and future will feature.
• This is an event for trade union health and safety reps and trade unionists interested in campaigning on health, safety and well-being issues at work or in the community.
• Agenda and Guest Speakers to be confirmed, but will include presentations by the HSE, a law firm that represents TU personal injury cases, and the Trade Union Clean Air Network
• Free event - please register: 020 7467 1218 / email@example.com
• Registration from 9.45am, event starts at 10.15
• Lunch provided
Work Stress Network Conference
The UK National Work-Stress Network holds an Annual Conference will be held on Saturday, November 23th 9.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. to Sunday, November 24th 9.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.at Hillscourt Conference Centre, Rose Hill, Rednal, Birmingham, B45 8RS
WorkStress Network Conference 23-24th November: http://www.workstress.net/about-us/conferences
And lastly the RMT National Health and Safety conference has been confirmed for Wednesday 26th February 2020 at the Earl of Doncaster commencing at 10:00.
The subject will be “Violence at Work” confirmed speakers so far are BTP and RSSB .
Full details of this event will be sent out in a separate circular .
Please make the contents of this circular available to all Health and Safety Reps