Our Ref: HSR/1/9
Head Office Circular: NP/256/20
20th October 2020
To: The Secretary
ALL REGIONAL COUNCILS
RAIL WELLBEING LIVE
The line-up for Rail Wellbeing LIVE on 4th and 5th November 2020 has been announced – with more than 140 speakers and 80 sessions to choose from. RMT is pleased to support this event.
Rail Wellbeing LIVE is set to be the biggest ever FREE wellbeing event in the history of the industry.
This is a link to some collateral to help you share news of the event:
• An animation explaining the event
• A template news story
• Two mental health case studies, including pictures
• Two posters promoting the line-up
• An ‘About RWL’ document
• A presentation pack on RWL
• Two RWL logos
Among the high-profile speakers are entertainer and mental health campaigner Ruby Wax, BBC Breakfast’s Dr Rangan Chatterjee and star of Channel 4’s Embarrassing Bodies Dr Dawn Harper. It is a packed agenda, with every and all topics related to wellbeing, from back pain management to dealing with money worries. I have been asked to record a video interview on behalf of the RMT which will be included in the programme.
Some highlights that will be of interest to frontline colleagues include:
• The importance of sleep and the impact of shift work – 2 sessions Dr Sophie Bostok and The Sleep Charity
• Nutrition and shift work by Super Wellness
• Strategies for managing back pain by world leading pain specialist Prof Lorimer Moseley
• Movement matters in the railway industry – two sessions, one for operational train environment and one for maintenance and infrastructure (stretching exercises specifically for train workers)
• Feel Better in 5 by Dr Rangan Chatterjee – how to bend wellbeing to suit your busy life
• Fatigue Kills – an ORR Rail Wellbeing Programme
• Industry spotlight on managing fatigue
• Creating healthy cultures - what can we learn from safety behaviour culture change
The agenda is “pick and mix”, so people can join whatever sessions take their interest. Click here to view the agenda on the website.
If you have any questions, or require any additional content, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please make the contents of this Circular available to all appropriate members.