Our ref: HSR/1/3
Head Office Circular: NP/115/22
9th May 2022
To: The Secretary
RICF – CHANGES TO GOVERNMENT GUIDANCE ON SELF ISOLATION
Further to Head Office Circular NP/458/21, dated 16th December 2021, The Chairman Rail Industry Coronavirus Forum (RICF) wrote to me on 14th April 2022 proposing that, following the implementation of updated guidance changes in its “Living with Covid-19” document, all other previously issued RICF guidance be withdrawn from 1st May 2022 and that the RICF be formally disbanded from 1st June 2022.
Your National Executive Committee (NEC), at its meeting on 5th May 2022, noted and adopted the following report from its Health and Safety Sub-committee:
We instruct the General Secretary to respond to RICF correspondence ‘Living with Covid-19’ noting his concern as to the contents of the letter and in particular the decision to record Covid-19 absences for MFA purposes from 1st May 2022.
- The GS to demand that sub-contractor staff, such as cleaners and caterers, receive company sick pay when they need to isolate and for this to be funded by client companies
- The GS also to add that it is insulting to our members - who put their lives at risk during the pandemic - that they are now facing attacks to their jobs, terms and conditions.
Additionally, the GS to:
- advise Regional Organisers and RMT safety reps to negotiate with employers Covid-19 risk assessments, which are required as the infection rate and hospital admissions remain high
- update Covid-19 pages of RMT website
- write to RMT reps and branches with updated guidance on Covid-19.
Branches and Regional Councils to be advised.
I am acting in accordance with these instructions.
Please bring the contents of this circular to the attention of relevant members.