A permanent vacancy has arisen for the post of Organiser (Recruitment & Retention) Midlands and North West and North Wales.
The salary is £42,738 pa plus a 5% Irregular & Unsocial hours Payment rising (after 1 completed years service) to £44,061.00 pa plus a 5% Irregular & Unsocial hours Payment.
Location: Working on a remote basis from home & utilising the RMT’s offices .Nationally mobile with primary responsibility for Midlands and North West and North Wales regions.
Within the Organising Department, you will implement a high quality frontline, innovative and proactive recruitment and retention strategy throughout the transport and off shore energy industries.
To succeed in this new role you will need:
- To demonstrate an understanding and support for the core principles of the RMT and the trade union movement;
- Proven experience of a high standard of organising as well as recruitment and retention in a trade union environment;
- An ability to build and develop solid working relationships using diplomacy with a diverse range of people, including staff at all levels, RMT officers, lay union representatives and RMT members;
- Be able to work a variety of ‘irregular and unsocial hours’ which can occasionally mean working away from home - undertaking overnight stays where necessary
- An ability to report outcomes in writing and to present findings effectively.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel & Outlook.
In return we can offer you a friendly working environment, a final salary pension scheme, assistance with travel to and from work and generous annual leave.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday 2nd June 2020 at 17:00 hours.
The RMT is an Equal Opportunities Employer and appointments are made on merit, ability and relevant experience.