£43,112 per annum plus a London Allowance of £4,850 per annum
Reference Number: MFP/123/16/2019
A permanent vacancy has arisen for the post of RMT Members Health & Safety Support Officer.
Within the National Policy Department at Unity House, London, you will assist in providing health and safety advice service to RMT members.
To succeed in this new role you will:
• Need to demonstrate an understanding and support for the core principles of the RMT and the trade union movement.
• Have knowledge of, or demonstrate a willingness and ability to learn Health and Safety rules and regulations, together with the associated regulatory frameworks that the RMT organises in. Training will be provided as necessary.
• Have undertaken relevant health and safety training and worked in the field of health and safety or demonstrate a willingness and ability to undertake such training.
• Experience of providing a high standard of administration and advice, preferably in a trade union environment.
• Need to be able to use Microsoft packages including Word, EXCEL and PowerPoint.
In return we can offer you a friendly working environment, a final salary pension scheme, assistance with travel to and from work and generous annual leave.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 3rd January 2020 at 16:00 hours.
The RMT is an Equal Opportunities Employer and appointments are made on merit, ability and relevant experience.