- RMT parliamentary group reports, political circulars, support for campaigning organisations and decisions of the union's annual general meeting
- Pay and conditions, employment law and consultation responses
Working with other Unions
Transport policy is taking on an increasingly European and global dimension where international capital is seeking to spread the privatisation of transport infrastructure and drive down pay and conditions.
RMT is part of the fightback, working closely with transport unions at international level and is an affiliate of the European Transport Workers Federation and the International Transport Workers Federation.
Our comrades at Union Solidarity International have created an RMT partner page here
RMT has active Parliamentary Groups at Westminster, the Scottish Parliament and the Welsh Assembly.
These work with the union to pursue a progressive transport and employment agenda in their respective legislatures based on the following principles.
- Public ownership and public accountability of the rail network
- Increased employment of UK seafarers
- Opposition to the London Underground PPP
- Repeal of anti-trade union legislation and the promotion of rights at work