Head Office Circular No. NP/102/23
To all Branches and Regional Councils
Campaigning for Trade Union Freedom at the Durham Miners' Gala
On the eve of the historic Durham Miners’ Gala the Campaign for Trade Union Freedom jointly with the Institute of Employment Rights is hosting a rally to mobilise for the campaign against not only the Strikes (Minimum Service Levels) Bill but the other anti-union laws as well.
We must ensure that pressure is maintained on the Government but also the Labour Party leadership to honour their commitments in full to repeal the anti-union laws and legislate for a new framework of rights at work within 100 days of taking office as set out in Labour’s Green Paper ‘New Deal for Working People.’
Be part of the campaign. Come to the rally on Friday 7 July at 6:00 pm in Elvet Methodist Church, 8 Old Elvet, Durham DH1 3HL (opposite Royal County Hotel).
The speakers will include:
- Lord John Hendy KC - Campaign for Trade Union Freedom/Institute of Employment Rights
- Maria Exall - President, TUC
- Daniel Kedebe - General Secretary Elect, NEU
- Steve Gillan - General Secretary, Prison Officers’ Association
- Laura Pidcock - People’s Assembly
- Ben Chacko - Editor, Morning Star
- Chair: Sarah Woolley - General Secretary, Bakers Food & Allied Workers’ Union & Campaign for Trade Union Freedom
More Information for the event can be found here: http://www.tradeunionfreedom.co.uk/ctuf-ier-at-the-durham-miners-gala-2023/