To all Branches and Regional Councils
5th July 2023
KEEP TICKET OFFICES OPEN – CAMPAIGN MATERIALS
As you will be aware, I wrote to you last week to advise that we were soon anticipating the Government and train companies putting formal proposals for ticket office closures out for public consultation.
The DfT managed train companies in England have today launched public consultations for the closure of nearly all ticket offices as well as plans for the de-staffing of stations. I have written to all members today to update them on the Union’s response to this and campaign and will continue to send regular updates.
It is vital that activists, reps and members mobilize around this campaign during the 21-day consultation which closes on Wednesday 26th July 2023. I am writing to update you on the campaign materials we are providing for this:
- Online template consultation responses for each company are on our website https://www.rmt.org.uk/campaigns/rail/save-ticket-offices/
- An electronic A5 leaflet which can be printed locally is also on our website https://www.rmt.org.uk/campaigns/rail/save-ticket-offices/
- Campaign postcards, stickers, posters and pin badges are being sent to every regional office and Unity House.
- Campaign materials are being sent directly to everyone who has requested them via email@example.com
- We will also be sending campaign materials to branch secretaries in England.
- If you have not yet requested campaign materials email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your regional office.
If you have any questions please email Sophie Ward (email@example.com).