South Western Railway and Network Rail are proposing to make swingeing cuts to services across the SWR Network from December 2022 using the Covid-19 pandemic as a pretext.
SWR's consultation proposes cutting:
• A total of 13 per cent of high peak trains per hour to London
• A total of 14 per cent of Off-peak trains per hour to London
• A total of 14 per cent of Main Suburban AM peak trains per hour to London
• A total of 14 per cent of Main Suburban off peak trains per hour to London
These cuts to services are regressive and entirely short-sighted. In the year that the UK hosts vital climate talks at COP26 cutting rail services is sending a terrible message that public transport is expendable and not part of the solution to the climate crisis.
TAKE ACTION NOW:
We need everyone to now do TWO THINGS:
1. Please send a response to the SWR consultation BEFORE 19th SEPTEMBER
Please click here to fill out the SWR Consultation form
2. Sign and Share the RMT “no cuts on SWR Petition”
Please click here to sign the “No cuts at SWR Petition”
Please share these actions with family, friends and workmates
We'll be launching the campaign on Monday 13th September 8:00am at London Waterloo. If you are able to attend, please do. Contact RO Geoff Kite for more information.