continue we'll assume you are happy to receive them.
Message Content:I am a C2C passenger and I oppose the proposals to reduce ticket office opening hours at Barking, Chafford Hundred, Dagenham Dock, Fenchurch Street, Grays, Limehouse, Ockendon, Purfleet, Rainham and Upminster stations.
I am concerned that, if the cuts to ticket office hours go ahead:
• Stations will become less safe, secure and accessible. Passenger responses to surveys identify staff presence as important for providing assurance and deterring violent and anti-social behaviour.
• Not all tickets and services are available from Ticket Vending Machines – the C2C consultation even admits this is the case. Ticket office staff help passengers to purchase the most appropriate and cheapest ticket for their journey and deal with a wide variety of queries and requests for information.
• Congestion and queues will increase on the platforms.
• Passengers will not be able to get the same level of customer service and information when the ticket offices are closed. For instance when connections are missed or there is disruption.
• Many passengers, including some elderly and disabled passengers, would experience particular difficulties purchasing tickets and getting advice.
I understand that from the C2C website and publicity posters that the deadline for London Travelwatch to receive my response is Monday 21st October.
Please take my views and opposition into consideration when responding to the proposals.
See more letters
Login to My RMT below or email
or call our freephone
0800 376 3706
© Copyright RMT 2020
Website developed by NetXtra