continue we'll assume you are happy to receive them.
Message Content:London Underground ticket office changes – ex Silverlink stations – Consultation about closure
I understand that Transport for London is planning to continue its program of closing ticket offices. I welcome this opportunity to express my views on whether I would like these ticket offices to remain open.
I oppose the proposed closure of Gunnersbury, Harlesden, Harrow & Wealdstone, Kensal Green, Kenton, Kew Gardens, North Wembley, Queen's Park, Stonebridge Park, South Kenton and Wembley Central station ticket offices. This is because I am concerned that:
- I would not be able to access the full range of tickets and services I need from a ticket machine;
- I would find it harder to obtain advice on ticket and fare options without a staffed ticket office;
- I am concerned that if there were insufficient numbers of ticket machines (due to them being in high demand or faulty) I would experience delays and the concourse would be more congested;
- I am concerned that vulnerable or less technically minded passengers, perhaps including the elderly, disabled or visitors, may be less confident using a ticket machine and could end up overspending or being deterred from travel; and
- I am concerned that leaving stations understaffed and sometimes unstaffed will make it harder to provide a safe network — with CCTV left unmonitored.
See more letters
Login to My RMT below or email
or call our freephone
0800 376 3706
© Copyright RMT 2020
Website developed by NetXtra