Circular No. ED/251/18
19th November 2018
To: All Shipping Branches, Regional Councils, Regional Organisers and Head Office Officers.
Free Online Training
I am pleased to confirm the recent launch of free online learning courses was well oversubscribed and further funding has been secured to offer all members more opportunities to take up these opportunities. These training courses are provided by the provider WRANX for free to RMT members.
It is a new tool/app which focuses on regular, bite-sized learning to help members with the following courses:
● GCSE English
● GCSE Maths
● Functional Skills English Level 1 & 2
● Functional Skills Maths Level 1 & 2
● Everyday English: Punctuation
● An Introduction to Online Security
● Raising Awareness: Manual Handling at Work
● Raising Awareness: Menopause in the Workplace
● An Introduction to COSHH Awareness in the Workplace
● An Introduction to Substance Misuse
● An Introduction to Substance Misuse (for Healthcare Professionals)
● Raising Awareness: Mental Health
● Raising Awareness: Mental Health (for Healthcare Professionals)
We are working with online learning experts Wranx through our RMT Learning project team to support members by providing Maths and English eLearning modules at various levels. The content for each module has been created to suit the current curriculum.
The training tools puts learning in the palm of your hand and uses the simple scientific idea of spaced repetition to provide learning that improves knowledge retention, even with as little as 2-3 minutes of training a day. Training can be completed on any internet connected device, and the app is free to download on both Apple and Android.
The Maths and English modules have been developed to reinforce and underpin members existing knowledge through a continuous learning experience of daily drills. Wranx makes learning easy and effective for everyone.
It is particularly recommended for RMT Learning members to achieve Maths and English level 2 qualifications.