Circular No. Ed/217/15
3rd November 2015
To: Branches & Regional Councils, Regional Organisers and Head Office Officers.
RMT Representatives Training In IT & Office Skills - 2016
I am pleased to inform you of further opportunities for RMT Officials and Representatives to apply to attend courses that cover basic IT and Office skills that would be extremely helpful to any existing RMT Officials and/or Representatives in carrying out their role within the Union for their members. These courses are set out on the Regional Education calendar for 2016, and are delivered as a Level 1 or Level 2 course.
The 2016 courses will take place at Northern College, Wentworth Castle, Stainborough, Barnsley, South Yorks, S75 3ET (01226 776000). The courses (five days) are planned to commence at 14.00hrs on the Monday of each week and will finish no later than 12.00hrs on the Friday of each week. Those attending will be provided with free accommodation at the College, all of your reasonable travel expenses will also be met by the Union. Note all those that are able to attend the RMT Education Centre on the Monday of each course for 12.30hrs will be provided with free transport to the college.
The course dates are as follows;
• IT & Office Skills Level 1 – 18th /22nd April
• IT & Office Skills Level 2 - 11th/15th July
• IT & Office Skills Level 1 - 12th/16th September
• IT & Office Skills Level 1 - 3rd/7th October
• IT & Office Skills Level 2 – 5th/9th December
If you are an RMT Official or Workplace Representative and would like to improve your IT and office skills to assist and support your members then this bespoke course designed for RMT reps, using the latest IT and software and the best ideas for organising your ‘office’ would be of great assistance. The course will cover amongst other things the following:
1) Introduction – How can computer technology make our work easier?
2) Producing documents – producing a wide range of documents and developing the skills to easily and quickly make your documents look professional, including producing letters, reports, newsletters, notices and minutes.
3) Research: Using the Internet to research workplace issues.
4) Communicating: Using e-mail effectively
So please complete and return the attached application form to confirm your place if you feel this course would be of assistance to you as an RMT Representative or Official.
If you wish any further details of this course please contact the National Education Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org