19 September 2021
RMT Press Office:
RAIL UNION RMT said that action by Senior Conductors and Train Managers on East Midlands Railways in two separate disputes remains solidly supported again today in on-going fights for workplace justice and safety.
RMT General Secretary Mick Lynch said;
"I want to pay tribute to our members who are standing firm again today on East Midlands Railways in the two on-going disputes as the company gambles on passenger safety instead of getting round the table for serious talks.
"We have mounting evidence of safety breaches on strike-breaker operated trains from previous weekends of action that we have raised with the authorities and we are demanding that they step in before we have a major incident on our hands.
"It's time for the company to stop taking these unnecessary risks and start talking with us about a settlement to both of the current disputes. "
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: East Midlands Railways, Conductors, Train Managers, Strike
- RMT calls on London Mayor
- Transport union RMT responds to Government net zero strategy
- As Southeastern passes into public ownership today, RMT reveals true cost of private sector failure
- RMT Scotrail members continue their battle today as Scottish rail workers step up fight for pay justice during COP26
- RMT suspends Stagecoach South West strike action tomorrow