5 September 2021
RMT Press Office:
Action solidly supported again today on East Midlands Railways as company flout normal safety rules.
RAIL UNION RMT said that action by Senior Conductors and Train Managers on East Midlands Railways in two separate disputes remains solidly supported today as the union begins compiling a dossier of potentially lethal safety breaches as the company drafts in an ill-trained army of strike breakers in a dangerous and desperate bid to try and undermine their front-line staff.
RMT General Secretary Mick Lynch said;
"Our members are standing firm again today on East Midlands Railways in the two on-going disputes as the company gambles on passenger safety instead of getting round the table for serious talks.
"We already have clear evidence of safety breaches on scab-operated trains including the potentially lethal and basic error of doors being opened on the wrong side of the train.
"The union is compiling a dossier for the safety regulator and is demanding that the company stop taking these unnecessary risks and start talking. "
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: East Midlands Railways, Conductors, Train Managers, Strike
- RMT calls on London Mayor
- Transport union RMT responds to Government net zero strategy
- As Southeastern passes into public ownership today, RMT reveals true cost of private sector failure
- RMT Scotrail members continue their battle today as Scottish rail workers step up fight for pay justice during COP26
- RMT suspends Stagecoach South West strike action tomorrow