16 September 2015
RMT Press Office
Another great day for the rail rip-off merchants as Stagecoach blags three year East Midlands extension.
General Secretary Mick Cash said today.
"This is another great day for the rail rip-off merchants as Stagecoach blag themselves a money-spinning franchise extension on East Midlands Trains without a hint of competition and with no consideration of the public sector option whatsoever.
"Rail franchising is a cash-laden, one-way ticket to the bank for the same old parade of failures and chancers who have robbed our railways blind under two decades of privatisation.
"This nonsense has to stop and it is a breath of fresh air that Jeremy Corbyn has driven the issue of rail renationalisation right up the political agenda. "
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: stagecoach, east midlands trains
- RMT calls for Nicola Sturgeon ScotRail intervention
- RMT calls on London Mayor
- Transport union RMT responds to Government net zero strategy
- As Southeastern passes into public ownership today, RMT reveals true cost of private sector failure
- RMT Scotrail members continue their battle today as Scottish rail workers step up fight for pay justice during COP26