12 April 2021
RMT Press Office
As pubs and outdoor hospitality reopen today transport union RMT has called on the public to ensure that they respect safety measures and staff across the transport sector.
RMT General Secretary Mick Cash said:
“We all welcome the fact that we are starting to take the first steps out of the lockdown but it's important that we maintain the current safety measures on the transport network and that means masks, social distancing and following instructions. We must all ensure that standards are not allowed to slip.
“It is also important that staff across the transport network are shown full respect and support as we move forwards from today. The union will not tolerate any abuse of the transport workforce out there on the front line and we are supporting our members every step of the way as the lockdown eases.”
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
- RMT on cancelled services on LNER and Great Western today
- RMT conductors to strike on East Midlands Railway over safety
- RMT launches 'No Cuts at Network Rail' campaign
- As pubs reopen RMT calls for respect for safety and staff on the transport network
- RMT on Labour call for Transport worker Covid safety forum