16 October 2020
RMT Press Office:
RMT on news that Cross Country have been awarded a franchise extension
General Secretary Mick Cash said;
"The Government, who are financially supporting the train operators, should have seized the opportunity to cut out the middleman and bring the Cross Country operation into direct public ownership.
"RMT will be studying the details of this award carefully and our priority will remain protecting the jobs, pay and conditions of our members. "
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: Cross Country, Arriva, Rail Franchise
- RMT warns Government won’t cut carbon emissions by cutting public transport services
- RMT launches 'No Cuts at Network Rail' campaign
- RMT response to RAIB interim report into Carmont tragedy
- Fourth day of strike action by Scotrail conductors
- RMT analysis reveals it's one rule for the bosses another for the frontline workers at Abellio Scotrail