27 February 2015
Dismissal – A. Mcguigan – Train Operator – Morden LU
Our Ref: LUL/4/1
27th February 2015
DISMISSAL – A. MCGUIGAN – TRAIN OPERATOR – MORDEN
Further to my previous correspondence advising you of the result of the ballot, members are congratulated for returning a ‘yes’ vote for strike action and for the excellent support shown by you and your colleagues despite a massive campaign of misinformation and smears mounted by LU and TfL bosses and the media.
Following this result, a meeting of your RMT Train Grades Reps and Activists took place on Thursday 19th February to discuss the campaign strategy to reinstate Brother McGuigan. The General Grades Committee has considered this matter and having noted the views and wishes expressed at the meeting, has taken the decision to instruct all RMT Train Operator and Instructor Operator members NOT TO BOOK ON FOR SHIFTS THAT COMMENCE BETWEEN:-
- 21:30 hours on Saturday 7th March 2015 until 03:59 hours on Sunday 8th March 2015.
This action is the first stage as part of a rolling programme of industrial action and I urge all RMT London Underground Train Operators and Instructor Operators to stand firm together against this, and any future, injustices against RMT members.
SUPPORT THE ACTION
SUPPORT YOUR UNION
I will continue to keep you advised of all further developments.
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: London Underground, Dismissal, McGuigan
- RMT suspends Stagecoach South West strike action tomorrow
- As Southeastern passes into public ownership today, RMT reveals true cost of private sector failure
- RMT Scotrail members continue their battle today as Scottish rail workers step up fight for pay justice during COP26
- As Southeastern fails RMT calls for end to privatisation
- RMT strike on Stagecoach South West goes ahead