13 July 2021
RMT Press Office:
RAIL UNION RMT said today that Rail Gourmet staff at Edinburgh Waverley will be going ahead with strike action tomorrow.
The action follows a recent 100% vote by members in support of strike action.
Rail Gourmet members at Edinburgh Waverley are instructed not to book on for any shifts that commence between:
• 06.00 hours on Wednesday 14th July 2021 until 05.59 hours on Thursday 15th July 2021
A picket line will assemble at the top of Edinburgh’s Market Street at 08:00 hours.
RMT General Secretary, Mick Lynch, said:
“Tomorrow’s strike is all about respect and justice in the workplace and the company’s continued refusal, even in the face of a massive 100% vote for strike action, to do anything about it.
“A culture of bullying and harassment has been allowed to develop at Edinburgh Waverley which has led to a wholesale breakdown in industrial relations and our members have had enough.
“It's now down to Rail Gourmet to listen to the strength of feeling of its workers and address these long running and deep-seated issues.
“RMT will be backing our members with all means at our disposal to ensure they are no longer confronted with this toxic working environment.
“The union remains available for talks.”
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: Rail Gourmet, Strike, Edinburgh Waverley, Bullying, Harassment
- RMT Scotrail members continue their battle today as Scottish rail workers step up fight for pay justice during COP26
- RMT confirms strikes on Stagecoach buses
- East Midlands Railways staff united again today
- Action solidly supported again today on East Midlands Railways
- RMT Edinburgh Rail Gourmet members solid