3 September 2019
RMT Press Office:
BUS UNION RMT confirmed today that it has suspended industrial action that was due to start tomorrow on Bluestar buses.
This is because an improved pay offer has been made, therefore the union is suspending the upcoming industrial action so that the affected members can be canvassed for their opinion on whether to accept it or not.
The National Executive Committee (NEC) has taken the decision to SUSPEND THE OVERTIME AND REST DAY WORKING OVER THE CONTRACTED 40 HOURS with immediate effect. All members should therefore work as normal.
For clarification purposes, the action that has been suspended is as follows:-
Members are instructed not to work any overtime and not to work on their rest days over the contracted 40 hours for one week commencing from:-
• 00:01 hours on Wednesday 4th September 2019 and 23:59 hours on Tuesday 10th September 2019.
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: bluestar buses, go south buses, industrial action
- RMT suspends Stagecoach South West strike action tomorrow
- RMT confirms strike on Stagecoach buses in South West goes ahead tomorrow in fight for pay justice
- RMT warns of sustained national industrial action
- RMT announces industrial action on Stagecoach East Midlands in national pay fight
- RMT to hold demonstration in Southampton