9 March 2016
STRIKE SUSPENDED - WORK AS NORMAL
Our Ref: BR1/14/2
9th March 2016
TO ALL ISS VIRGIN TRAIN MEMBERS AT KINGS CROSS
ALL INDUSTRIAL ACTION IS SUSPENDED
MEMBERS ARE INSTRUCTED TO WORK NORMALLY
BREAKDOWN IN INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS – ISS (VIRGIN TRAINS KINGS CROSS)
Further to previous correspondence on the above matter, I can report that significant progress has been made in talks with ISS today.
Having considered the company’s latest proposals, the union’s National Executive Committee has decided to suspend the industrial action. A review meeting will be held on the 21st March 2016 to consider the matter further.
Therefore the strike action which was scheduled for 0700 hours Thursday 10th March 2016 until 0659 hours Saturday 12th March 2016 is now suspended.
You are therefore instructed to work as normal.
Please note: RMT have negotiated an extension on the current ballot mandate which will allow us to take industrial action in the future if necessary.
I will provide you with more details of the company’s proposals shortly.
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: iss, virgin, kings cross
- RMT responds to the Maritime Skills Commission’s report
- RMT warns Government won’t cut carbon emissions by cutting public transport services
- RMT responds to Just Transition Commission's final report
- RMT statement on the Government’s build back better with apprentices announcement
- RMT on new ownership of West Coast franchise