Our Ref B/14/2
12th December 2019
TO ALL RMT MEMBERS AT BLUESTAR
BREAKDOWN IN INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS - BLUESTAR
It has been brought to my attention that there are significant concerns with Bluestar Management’s attitude towards our elected officials and a lack of respect for the recognised union. This includes:-
• Refusing to meet our elected Representatives in accordance with the Recognition agreement.
• Refusing Our Industrial Representative Release and Time off for Trade Union Duties and Activities.
• Refusing Our Health & Safety Representative reasonable time off to carry out duties
• Refusing to install RMT Noticeboards, despite them being supplied by the Branch.
• Refusing to Provide Office Space for our Elected Representatives and Facilities to carry out their duties.
• Bullying of our Union Activists continues, which has seen, intimidation, victimisation, discrimination, promotion denied, activists told they cannot progress while active with the union as it is a conflict of interest they “can’t represent the union and the company” and duty changes declined.
I am arranging an urgent Avoidance of Dispute meeting between Bluestar Management and your union’s Lead Officer to address the issues raised. We will not allow Bluestar to bully our members for standing strong within the recognised union.
If you have experienced, or know of other members who have experienced, this type of unacceptable behaviour please contact your RMT rep in complete confidentiality.
I will of course keep you fully updated on this matter.