BREAKDOWN IN INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS LONDON UNDERGROUND FLEET GRADES
Our Ref LUL/14/2
10th January 2017
TO ALL LUL FLEET GRADES
BREAKDOWN IN INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS
LONDON UNDERGROUND FLEET GRADES
Your RMT Fleet Reps have recently reported numerous breaches of our agreed machineries and agreements by LUL management including:-
• Not consulting or negotiating with this Union over reduced staffing levels within Fleet.
• Breaching our agreement on Night Tube and failing to recruit adequate additional staff to cover this work.
• Actively attacking RMT Reps for carrying out their trade union duties.
• Not following the correct process when seeking to change rosters.
• Removing a long and established practice of ‘phone in days’ throughout Fleet without agreement.
As a result of the above, the National Executive Committee has taken the decision to declare a dispute situation with London Underground over a breakdown in industrial relations affecting RMT Fleet Grades members. The Company has been advised of the dispute and I am currently making preparations to conduct a ballot for strike action and action short of a strike. I will advise members of the timescale for the ballot in due course and in the meantime, ask that you visit the RMT website www.rmt.org.uk to check your job title, workplace and address details are correct.
I am also arranging a meeting with your RMT Reps and Lead Officer and will of course keep you advised of all developments.