Our Ref: B/0001/BS
17 June 2019
FURTHER INDUSTRIAL ACTION CALLED AT BLUESTAR
RATES OF PAY AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE 2019 - BLUESTAR
Further to previous correspondence on the above matter, I can report that further talks with Bluestar have been convened and the following revised proposal has been tabled:-
• From 1st July 2019, introduce an hourly rate of £11.50, part funded by utilising back pay which would have been payable on acceptance of previous offer (approximately 3%).
• From 1st January 2020, increase hourly rate to £11.74 per hour and overtime increased to £12.24 per hour.
• From 1st January 2020, overtime payments would be paid on fixed line (rosters) working of 47 and 48 hours and the heavy roster 57 hours working. I.e. 47 hour fixed line would receive 40 hour contract 4 hours enhanced rate of £12.24 and 3 hours at the normal hourly rate of £11.74.
• This arrangement would mean that for working on regular basis more than a 40 hour contract other than rest day, members irrespective of the number of hours would receive £2 per week overtime payment.
• 47 hours O/T payment of £2
• 57 hours O/T payment of £2
• Rest days and other overtime above member’s committed roster hours would also be paid the new overtime rate.
Having consulted with you and your colleagues, the union’s National Executive Committee believes that these revised proposals fall well short of expectations. Therefore, taking everything into consideration and assessing the situation the National Executive Committee can see no other option than to call further industrial action.
Members are instructed not to work overtime and not to work on a rest day over the contracted 40 hours for one week commencing from:-
• 00:01 hours on 1st July to 23:59 hours on 7th July 2019.
Additionally, members are instructed not to work overtime and not to work on a rest day over the contracted 40 hours for one week commencing from:-
• 00:01 hours on 22nd July to 23:59 hours on 28th July 2019.
I urge you all to continue with this magnificent support and to stand shoulder to shoulder during the upcoming action. The company are aware that as always, RMT remains available for talks and is ready to enter into negotiations in order resolve the current dispute.
STAND FIRM TOGETHER
SUPPORT THE INDUSTRIAL ACTION
UNITY IS STRENGTH