To All East Midlands Railway Senior Conductor Members
Our Ref: BR2/10/2
13th November 2019
PAY & CONTRACT MATTERS - EAST MIDLANDS RAILWAY
Further to my letter dated the 23rd August 2019 with regards to the above matter and where I informed you that the RMT were seeking an Avoidance of Disputes meeting with East Midlands Railway in the hope of resolving the ongoing Conductors dispute.
I can now advise you that an Avoidance of Disputes meeting has been held and I have received an update report from the Lead Officer indicating that progress has been made and further talks are to take place around the following five points of dispute:
• The full rate of pay upon becoming competent and not at 12 months service.
• Back pay for those who have not received the full rate of pay on becoming competent.
• Clause 1.4.5 rostering agreement ie remove pink days.
• The ability for five day linked colleagues to progress to a four day link.
• Agree a new Sunday working agreement.
I trust this keeps you fully advised on the situation and I will, of course, update you on any further developments.