RATE OF PAY & CONDITIONS OF SERVICE 2019 – RAIL GOURMET (EUROSTAR CONTRACT)

Our Ref HC/0001/RG

 

19th December 2019

 

TO ALL RAIL GOURMET MEMBERS ON THE EUROSTAR CONTRACT

 

Dear Colleagues

 

RATE OF PAY & CONDITIONS OF SERVICE 2019 – RAIL GOURMET (EUROSTAR CONTRACT)

 

Further to my previous correspondence earlier today where I notified you of the successful ballot result, the NEC has instructed me to carry out a referendum on proposals tabled by the company following negotiations. Rail Gourmet has made an offer on the implementation of the London Living Wage (LLW) as the minimum pay rate. The details of the offer are:

 

  • That the London Living Wage will be the minimum rate of pay on the contract covering both St Pancras and Heston Centre in the future.
  • Rail Gourmet and Eurostar are not prepared to move to the London Living Wage immediately as their budgets have been set already.  The full LLW would be paid from December 2020
  • Instead, the latest proposal moves the pay rates upwards by 57% of the difference between the current rate and the LLW rate for each grade from December 2019. The remaining 43% will be paid from December 2020.
  • The full table of proposed rates of pay is shown below along with an estimation of the increase in earnings on base rates of pay (without overtime or rest day working) that members in each grade will achieve over the next 12 months.
  • The proposals also provide for the maintenance of differentials for supervisory staff. 
  • Staff on TUPE terms (from Alpha) who are unaffected by this proposal on LLW would be covered by the Rail Gourmet company-wide settlement due for April 2020.  Those discussions have not taken place.
  • The existing London Weighting payment (£0.88 per hour) for some grades and categories of staff has now been consolidated and included in to the hourly rate of pay.  This would mean that when staff work overtime they will not work on a lower rate than their normal hours.

 

 

Eurostar staff Hourly Rate Proposal

Roles

Location

Basic hourly rate

Additional weekly earnings

Additional 52 week earnings

Current Hourly Rate

Dec 19 Hourly Rate

Dec 20 Hourly Rate

SCSTL - Despatch Supervisor

Heston/SPI

£10.69

£12.52

£13.23

£37

£1,921

SCSTL

Heston/SPI

£10.33

£12.16

£12.84

£37

£1,921

CSTL

Heston

£9.35

£11.18

£12.01

£37

£1,921

SCSA

Heston/SPI

£8.21

£10.04

£10.75

£37

£1,921

Cleaner / Digitron

SPI

£8.76

£9.89

£10.75

£44

£2,300

Recycling

Heston/SPI

£10.24

£10.53

£10.75

£11

£590

Catering Assistant Level 2

SPI

£9.51

£10.22

£10.75

£28

£1,433

Train Assembler

Heston/SPI

£10.57

£10.67

£10.75

£4

£208

CAV 3 Grade

Heston/SPI

£10.24

£10.53

£10.75

£11

£590

Packer/Wash TL/Catering Assistant Level 2

Heston/SPI

£9.51

£10.22

£10.75

£28

£1,433

Based on differential increase (current rate to LLW rate) of £10.75

57% in December 2019

43% in December 2020

 

Having discussed the proposals with your representatives we believe these are the best proposals that can be achieved through negotiation at this time. Therefore the union’s National Executive Committee has instructed me to carry out a referendum of you and your colleagues with a recommendation to accept.  Please be advised that a rejection of the proposals will likely lead to the NEC calling further strike action.

 

In order to get a quick turnaround and bearing in mind the Christmas post, we are running this referendum electronically on this occasion.

 

Instructions

 

You will shortly receive an email from a company called “Election Runner” which will contain a link to a page for you to register your vote. Please follow the instructions and make sure you complete this by no later than 10 am Monday 6th January 2020 when voting closes.

 

Note – You will receive an email with a link to securely register your vote. You can also login without the link using your Voter ID (your RMT Membership number) and the Voter Key provided in the email from Election Runner.

 

If you know any of your colleagues who hasn’t received this email, or if you have any difficulties voting please contact the RMT Helpline on 0800 376 3706 or info@rmt.org.uk

 

THE NEC STRONGLY RECOMMENDS YOU VOTE “YES” TO ACCEPT

 

Yours sincerely

 

Mick Cash

General Secretary