Our Ref: SH/0001/WLC
17th February 2020
RATES OF PAY AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE 2020 – WINDERMERE LAKE CRUISES
In line with Union policy, a pay claim for a substantial increase in pay and improved terms and conditions has been submitted. The Regional Organiser has met with the company and the following offer has been tabled:-
- Minimum Increase of 2.7% (RPI + 0.5%) with effect from 1st February 2020.
- Flat Rate increase of 50p per hour for Hirer 2 & 3, General Assistant 4 & 5, Crew Grade 1 & 2 equating to an increase of 5.9% to 6.1% for the lowest paid grades, typically seasonal employees.
- Introduction of Skipper ST (Swan & Teal) Grade at £13.94ph these positions will be offered to the current Skippers of the Swan & Teal and equates to an increase of 10.9%. subject to a review of crewing levels on the MV Swan & MV Teal, which will not result in the loss of any permanent employment.
- 3 new Skipper 1 roles for the MV Swift (New Vessel)
- 3 new Mate Engineer Roles
- Steamer Rota 4 on 2 off for the month of May from 2021
Your National Executive Committee has considered the offer and it has instructed me to inform the company of our acceptance. This instruction has been carried out and I have requested that the increase and back monies are paid at the earliest opportunity.