TO ALL RMT MEMBERS AT ORKNEY FERRIES
Our Ref: SH/0001/OF
1st March 2018
Rates of Pay and Conditions of Service 2017 – Orkney Ferries
ALL INDUSTRIAL ACTION SUSPENDED
PLEASE WORK AS NORMAL
Further to my previous correspondence, following a series of long and protracted talks between Orkney Ferries and your union’s negotiating team, I am pleased to announce that a breakthrough has been made and it is good enough for the National Executive Committee, having spoken to your Regional Organiser and Representatives, to suspend the industrial action.
I can confirm that the company has tabled the following revised offer:-
• A pay award of 1.5% for the 17/18 financial year– to be backdated for the full period and paid in the first available pay run.
• A non-consolidated payment of £650 per employee – to be paid in the April 2018 pay run
• A pay award of 10% in the 2018/2019 financial year.
• A commitment to a pay award of at least RPI in the 2019/2020 financial year subject to negotiations with the Scottish Government.
• A commitment to refining employment terms and conditions over the next calendar year.
Therefore, your National Executive Committee has recently considered the matter and has instructed me to inform the company of our acceptance of the offer. This instruction has now been carried out. The National Executive Committee has also taken the decision to suspend the industrial action with immediate effect. Therefore, you are instructed to work as normal.
Make no mistake, without your resolve to fight for a better deal, this revised pay offer from management would not have been forthcoming and I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on your solidarity and resilience during this dispute.