Our Ref: SH/0001/ODIA
15th May 2019
Rates of Pay & Conditions of Service 2018 – ODIA
Further to your previous correspondence, the electronic consultation of RMT members working for the signatory companies to the Offshore Diving Industry Agreement (ODIA) has concluded and the result is as follows:-
• 997 survey forms circulated
• 826 survey forms returned (83%)
• 611 members indicated they would NOT accept the revised offer (74%)
• 215 members indicated they would accept the revised offer (26%)
• As a percentage of the total entitled to participate in the survey 61% have indicated they would not accept the revised offer.
Noting the result, the National Executive Committee has instructed me to inform the companies of our members’ rejection of their offer. This instruction has been carried out. Furthermore, should no improvements be forthcoming then the RMT will consider balloting members for industrial action.
I trust this keeps you fully advised and I will write again when there are new developments.