Our Ref: B/0001/SSW(PTD)
23rd July 2018
Rates of Pay & Conditions of Service 2018 – Stagecoach South West
(Plymouth, Tavistock & Dartmouth)
In line with union policy, a pay claim for an increase in pay and improved terms and conditions was submitted to the company. The Regional Organiser has met with them and the following offer has been tabled:-
• An increase of 25p taking driver basic rate to £9.66, effective 29th April 2018.
• A one-off £30 payment to all current members employed at Plymouth, Tavistock & Dartmouth.
• Where applicable, the same percentage increase will be applied to the overtime rates, in the case of drivers, the overtime rate will increase to £10.96.
• The premium rate for drivers who work after 19:00 will continue at 5%.
• Current Company Sick pay scheme arrangements remain at 100% of the basic rate.
• Members on pay rates lower than the driver rate will receive the applicable pence per hour increase. Members on driver rate or higher will receive the applicable percentage figure increase, flowing through to premium payments where they exist.
• Members working in engineering skilled grades on rates of above £14.79 per hour will have their rates frozen at the current value, but will receive the equivalent of the percentage increase on the current £14.79 rate, effective 29th April 2018. It will be paid retrospectively every 13 weeks until April 2019 when this and other pay rates will be subject to review.
Having consulted you and your colleagues via a series of branch meetings, the overwhelming indication is to accept the offer. Your National Executive Committee (NEC) has taken on board your wishes and it has instructed me to inform the Company of your acceptance. This instruction has been carried out and I have requested that the increase and the back monies are paid at the earliest opportunity.