Our Ref: B/0001/SSW(ETB)
3rd May 2018
RATES OF PAY & CONDITIONS OF SERVICE 2018-STAGECOACH SOUTH WEST (EXETER, TORQUAY & BARNSTAPLE)
I am writing to report to you on the latest developments in relation to the above mentioned matter. A further meeting has today been held with the company where a final offer has been made to your negotiating committee. The details of the offer are as follows:
• A 2.5 % increase in rates of pay (All Grades) applicable from 1st May 2018
If accepted this would represent an increase to £10.50 per hour for those Drivers currently on the full rate.
• Those staff currently below the rate of £10.50 per hour will get the equivalent increase of 25p per hour
• An increase in the provision of child staff passes for staff dependents up to the age of 18
The Company has additionally indicated that if the offer is acceptable to you and your colleagues, all attempts will be made to implement the terms of the agreement by 1st June 2018. It is the view of your negotiating team that the offer represents the best possible outcome that can be achieved through negotiation.
There will be a series of special RMT branch meetings to be held which will allow members to give their views on the offer:
• Wednesday 9th May 2018-Barnstaple
• Wednesday 9th May 2018-Torbay
• Thursday 10th May 2018-Exeter
Please make every attempt to attend one of these meetings so that you can voice your opinion on this offer. Once these branch consultations have taken place and your Regional Organiser has submitted his report, the matter will be considered by your National Executive Committee (NEC) and I will keep you advised of further developments.