Our Ref: BR2/0001/IL
31st March 2020
Rates of Pay & Conditions of Service 2019 – Island Line
At the conclusion of negotiations with your union, the company has tabled the following offer:-
· A no-strings one year pay offer of an increase of 2.6% in basic rates of pay, effective 6th October 2019. The next pay review for this grade will be October 2020.
• This pay award is subject to the pensionable pay cap of RPI + 0.25% which applies to all pay increases, excluding non-pensionable amounts, in any given year (April to March). Any pay award above this amount will be pensionable for future service only.
· In recent meetings, the company has shared information on a range of changes proposed on the Island Line in the coming year (The Priced Option) and started to detail the different areas of consultation it will be undertaking.
· The company have discussed an option to scope potential productivity or restructuring talks on a grade by grade basis, and that the Island Line Priced Option may present an opportunity in this regard. Upon agreement of the October 2019 pay award, SWR would be prepared to offer either of the two following options:-
• Agreement of the pay award with back dated pay, and increased rates of pay, to be made in the next available bank credit, and further discussions to be progressed without delay,
• Agreement of the pay award with the increase amount ‘banked’ for use in further discussions which we would progress without delay. Under this option, the pay award amount, including back pay to 06 October 2019, would be paid once any further productivity or restructuring talks have concluded.
Your National Executive Committee (NEC) has considered the offer and acting on the wishes of you and your colleagues, it has instructed me to inform the company of our acceptance of the offer with Option One.