Our Ref: BR6/0001/NR
21st February 2019
TO ALL NETWORK RAIL AREA COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVES
RATES OF PAY AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE 2019 - NETWORK RAIL
Further to my previous correspondence, I can advise you that the NEC has considered this matter following a meeting with yourselves on 14th February 2019. Having noted the outcome of the meeting the NEC has the following primary areas of concern with the current proposals: -
• The “No Compulsory Redundancy agreement” contained in the 2 year offer ends on 31st December 2019. The recent announcement by the company states a phased programme over the next 22 months with an inclination that “colleagues” face the risk of redundancy after the first quarter of 2020.
• The re-writing of the PTR&R agreement that is included in this offer which ultimately hands the final decision to a Manager.
• The lack of concrete proposals in relation to groups of grades that have not been catered for in previous deals.
• A minimal offer in relation to subsidised season ticket travel that barely covers the recent price increases.
• The withdrawal of the SE allowance is also a matter of concern.
As we currently stand, the NEC feels it cannot recommend the offer so I have been instructed to begin a month long consultation process involving all our elected representatives following which a report placed back in front of the NEC on Thursday 21st March 2019.
I would therefore be grateful if you could coordinate with the local reps within your area and forward their views to the RMT Head Office using the attached pro forma by no later than Tuesday 19th March 2019. This can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Industrial Relations Department, RMT, 39 Chalton Street, London NW1 1JD
To assist you with the consultation please find enclosed a copy of a briefing document which contains a detailed breakdown of what has been proposed. The NEC will decide on the union’s position at the conclusion of the consultation process.