Our Ref: SH/0001/RFA
28th June 2019
TO ALL RMT RFA MEMBERS
Rates of Pay & Conditions of Service 2019 – Royal Fleet Auxiliary
You have delivered to your union an outstanding mandate for taking industrial action and by now you will have received the call to take industrial action on Tuesday 2nd July from your union in regard to the dispute over the lack of a decent pay offer. To reiterate, the action is as follows:-
Consequently, with effect from 00:01 hours on Tuesday 2nd July 2019, until further notice, you are instructed:-
· Not to come back early from EVL, to join at the correct time and not to volunteer to extend if asked by the company.
· Only to conduct MCA mandatory safety drills and not to take part in prism serials or any RFA specific drills. This would include any serials undertaken by FOST staff.
· Work contracted hours, not to carry out any work over and above contracted hours unless responding to emergencies.
· Catering grade members are not to prepare any food for any social functions i.e. Cocktail parties and social gatherings for ships coming out of refits and stewards should refuse to work these social functions.
· Not to carry out duties that would have been carried out by members of other departments taking industrial action.
NB - Members who are participating in humanitarian and/or disaster relief operations or are reacting to a military conflict situation will be exempt from the above industrial action.
PLEASE NOTE THAT INDUSTRIAL ACTION CAN ONLY TAKE PLACE WHEN VESSELS ARE ALONG SIDE IN PORT
Now is the time to stand together in solidarity with your colleagues. By taking a united position, you will display your strength of purpose in that you are no longer prepared to be bullied by an uncaring management that you are ready to fight for a fair increase that should be awarded to you for all your hard work and the vital role you play.
You and your colleagues have been tremendous during this dispute I would like to thank you all for your dedication and true determination. I have nothing but the deepest admiration for you and your colleagues for providing lifeline services.
I urge you all to continue with this magnificent support and to stand shoulder to shoulder during the upcoming action. We will win this fight because we are right!
As an update to this communication, I would like to inform you that the action is NOT being suspended, there will be a meeting taking place early next week with the RFA and I will keep you advised of further developments.
FAIR PAY FOR RFA
STAND FIRM TOGETHER IN UNITY