Our Ref: BR4/0001/BR
22nd April 2020
Rates of Pay & Conditions of Service 2020 – Babcock Rail
In line with Union policy a pay claim for an increase in pay and improved terms and conditions has been submitted. The Regional Organiser has met with the company and the following offer has been tabled:-
· The basic rates of pay for employees covered by Procedure Agreement 1 (General Collective Bargaining) will be increased by 2.0% effective from Monday, 6 April, 2020.
· An additional amount for lower graded staff, the basic rates of pay for employees in the grades shown below who do not have corresponding comparators with Amey SERSA staff who recently transferred in will be increased by an additional 0.2% to give a total increase of 2.2% effective from Monday, 6 April 2020.
· Apprentice (or by a higher amount as necessary to comply with National Minimum Wage rates for 2020/21) Clerical Officer Grade 2 (CO2 Grade) Clerical Officer Grade 3 (CO3 Grade) Professional & Technical 1 (Grade PM1 Basic & Steps 1 –6 inclusive)
· To harmonise rates of pay with Amey SERSA staff who recently transferred in, the company are proposing to do this only for the lower graded staff where comparators exist. These grades are Infrastructure Assistant (IA Grade) and Infrastructure Technician (IT Grade)
· The company may harmonise rates in these grades by applying the general 2% increase to the highest paid person or persons within these grades (all such cases happen to be amongst ex-Amey Sersa staff) and then all lower rates within these grades will receive a further pay supplement to the new headline rate of £20,685 for IA grade and £22,160 for IT grade as a one off means to address harmonisation of pay for these grades.
Your National Executive Committee (NEC) has considered the offer and it has instructed me to inform the company of our acceptance of the offer. This instruction has been carried out and I have requested that the increase and any back monies are paid at the earliest opportunity.