18 February 2020
Rates of Pay & Conditions of Service 2020-MTR Elizabeth Line (Customer Experience and Customer Experience Sales Grades)
I am writing to report to you on the latest developments arising from the third meeting held with MTR Elizabeth Line on 13th February 2020 in relation to the above mentioned matter.
At the meeting the company tabled what it believed to be its best and final offer for both Customer Experience and Customer Experience (Sales) grades which was as follows:
* 2 year deal to April 2022
* Year 1: February RPI +0.5% (or 2% whichever is greater)
* Year 2: February RPI +0.5% (or 2% whichever is greater)
* Increased paid maternity leave from 12 to 39 weeks at full basic pay. (Weeks 40-52 at zero pay)
* Increased paid Paternity leave from 2 to 3 weeks at full basic pay.
* Guaranteed minimum increase of £1,000 for colleagues earning £22,280 or less inclusive of the RPI increase.
* Introduction of Equality Representatives
* With effect from December 2020, an enhancement to work Sunday's of X1.25 for those on new Terms and Conditions
Offered on the basis that satisfactory collective agreements are reached on the following:
* If there are no volunteers for working on COS that we can use agency colleagues to cover these shifts. In order to maintain competency, thus may mean rostering agency colleagues Sunday-Saturday.
* All non-emergency medical appointments to be taken within a colleagues own time.
It was the view of the RMT negotiating team that subject to suitable agreements being reached on the above two points then the offer would be broadly acceptable to our membership.
Over the next few days our representative will be discussing the offer with our members in order to seek their views prior to any final recommendations being made to the RMT National Executive Committee.