Our Ref: SH/0001/SNF
20th January 2021
Rates of Pay and Conditions of Service 2020 – Serco Northlink Ferries
In line with union policy a pay claim for an increase in pay and improved terms and conditions has been submitted. The Regional Organiser has met with the Company and the following offer has been tabled:-
· A 1% increase to base rates backdated to 1st October 2020.
In addition to the above increase the company will make two additional one off payments:-
· A payment of £300 (pro-rata for part-time workers. See below) to all employees who have been employed by SF(G)C Ltd continuously since 30th June 2020 in recognition of the commencement of Contract 2 from that date.
· Secondly, a “thank you” payment on behalf Serco, the operator in recognition of all Covid-19 efforts, of £100 to all employees who have been employed by SF(G)C Ltd continuously since 1st June 2020.
The £300 payment will be made on a pro-rata basis using the following criteria:-
· 10 working hours or less per week - £100
· 11 – 20 working hours per week - £200
· Over 20 working hours per week - £300
Noting the views of your Representatives, the National Executive Committee has instructed me to inform the company of our acceptance of the offer. This instruction has been carried out and I have requested that the increase and any back monies are paid at the earliest opportunity.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Aberdeen Shipping Branch Secretary for all the hard work he has done in recruiting new RMT members at Serco Northlink Ferries.