Our Ref: BR2/0001/SE(OBM)
9th January 2020
Rates of Pay & Conditions of Service 2020 – Southeastern (On-Board Managers)
In line with union policy, a pay claim for an increase in pay and improved terms and conditions was submitted to the company. The Regional Organiser has met with them and the following offer has been tabled:-
• Salaries to be increased by 3.08% with effect from Sunday 5th January 2020.
• OBMs to receive no less than 31 days annual leave for the 2020 leave year. Standard arrangements (as per terms and conditions) will apply thereafter.
• As requested OBMs will be permitted to buy three additional flexible leave days. The cost of which is based on the average turn length and deducted over 13 pay periods. Applications in respect of the 2020 leave year must be submitted to the payroll department by March 2020.
• The company is currently restricted by the last 12 months of franchise conditions. A soon as this condition is lifted, a proposal to set up a Working Group with RMT to scope discussions on pay deal linking future productivity gains to salary uplifts.
• In respect of pensionable pay, under the rules of the RPS, any increase in pensionable pay will be for all service up to the level of the level of the 2018 September RPI + 0.25% (for awards made between 1st April 2019 and 31st March 2020). Anything above this level will be for future service only; this is in line with the scheme rules.
Having consulted with your Representatives, the National Executive Committee has instructed me to inform the company of our acceptance of the offer. This instruction has been carried out and I have requested that the increase and any back monies are paid at the earliest opportunity.