Our Ref: BR2/0001/H
3rd September 2020
Rates of Pay & Conditions of Service 2020 – Hitachi
BALLOT PAPERS HAVE BEEN DISPATCHED
VOTE ‘YES’ FOR STRIKE ACTION &
‘YES’ FOR INDUSTRIAL ACTION SHORT OF A STRIKE
By now you should have received your ballot paper from the independent scrutineer Civica and I urge you to complete your ballot paper and return it in envelope provided.
It is essential that we meet the thresholds demanded by the anti- trade union laws so that you and your colleagues can take action and show the company that you are prepared to fight for a fair deal. To reiterate the main points of our dispute are that the company’s offer does not meet aspirations and it is divisive.
- A below RPI inflation pay offer for 2020.
- A real-terms pay freeze against RPI inflation for the next two years as part of a 3-year offer.
- For North Pole and Doncaster, a holiday arrangement that would reduce the number of days of annual leave and increase the number of shifts you would be required to work as per the original contract.
- For Craigentinny and Bounds Green, has not sufficiently addressed the overtime pay rates to properly reward you when you work extra hours.
- Refused a proper review of pay rates across the grades to ensure fairness and negotiate a proper salary structure.
Do not delay; return your ballot paper today. If you have not received your ballot paper by Wednesday 9th September, please contact the helpline on 0800 376 3706 or you can email your request to email@example.com If you know of a colleague who is eligible to vote and they have not received their ballot paper, please ask them to contact the helpline with all haste so they can take part in the ballot.