Our Ref: SH/0001/PNTL
29th March 2021
Rates of Pay and Conditions of Service 2021 – PNTL (Barrow in Furness)
Further to my letter dated 25th March 2021, in which I advised you that after long and careful consideration, your union’s National Executive Committee (NEC) had instructed me to hold an e-referendum so you and your colleagues so that you can have your say on the company’s pay offer. Having considered the views of your negotiating team, I can advise you that the NEC is recommending that you vote to accept ‘OPTION TWO’
The on-line referendum will close at 10:30 hours (BST) on Thursday 8th April 2021
You will shortly receive an email from a company called “Choice Voting” which will allow you to register your vote. Please follow the instructions and make sure you complete this by no later than 10:30 hours (BST) on Thursday 8th April 2021. Once you have voted, you will receive an email from Choice Voting confirming how you have voted and that your vote has been cast successfully.
If you know any of your colleagues who has not received this email, or if you have any difficulties voting please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or the RMT Helpline on 0800 376 3706.
For ease of reference the two options are as follows:-
· The current pay scales for Officers and Ratings will be uplifted by 2% with effect from 1st July 2020.
This uplift is subject to Nautilus and RMT agreeing to negotiate changes to the current PNTL terms and conditions in good faith, via a joint working group, and using their best endeavours to reach agreement on such changes by 30th June 2021, which allow for:
· A flexible approach to crewing vessels dependent upon business need; the ability to flex the length of rotation beyond the rigid 8- and 16-week periods currently reflected in PNTL terms and conditions (with reasonable notice being provided to crew members if the length of the rotation needs to be flexed); and the terms and conditions to be updated to reflect legislative requirements.
Subject to the above changes being agreed between PNTL, Nautilus and RMT in accordance with paragraph 1, a one-off payment of £3,000 (subject to PAYE deductions) will also be made as part of the 2020/21 pay deal to each Officer and Rating in service with PNTL (and not serving notice) on the date those changes take effect.
Enhancements to pay for certain types of family leave will also be provided by PNTL for Officers and Ratings. Terms and conditions in respect of such payments will need to be agreed between PNTL, Nautilus and RMT, and will be negotiated as part of the negotiations
referred to in paragraph 1, above. If agreed, such terms and conditions will come into effect
on the date on which the changes made pursuant to paragraph 1, above, take effect. The relevant leave and payments are as follows:
· Enhanced maternity pay: 18 weeks at full pay for eligible employees
· Enhanced shared parental pay: 6 weeks at full pay and 12 weeks at half pay for eligible employees
· Enhanced paternity pay: 6 days at full pay for eligible employees.
Nautilus and RMT agree to establish a further joint working group soon after the changes to terms and conditions referred to in paragraph 1, above, have been agreed. The purposed of this working group will be to review crew pay scales, pension arrangements, ill health severance provisions and any other aspect of the PNTL terms and conditions of service. Any pay discussions as regards any pay deal for 2021/22 shall be held separately and shall not form part of any agreement reached in respect of the 2020/21 pay deal.
This pay offer is identical to Option One, and is subject to the same terms and conditions, save for the following differences:-
· In paragraph 1, above, the 2% pay uplift to the relevant pay scales will take effect from 1st April 2020, subject to the relevant terms and conditions being agreed in accordance with paragraph 1
· The one-off payment at paragraph 2 to the relevant crew member will be £2,500 (subject to PAYE deductions).
The follow conditions also apply to the above offers: the same offer must be accepted by both RMT and Nautilus on behalf of its members/the crew; and the offer is subject to internal approval though the normal channels.
VOTE TO ACCEPT ‘OPTION TWO’