Our Ref: BR2/001/TPE
12th June 2019
Rates of Pay & Conditions of Service 2019 – Transpennine Express
In line with union policy, a pay claim for an increase in pay and improved terms and conditions was submitted to the company. The Regional Organiser has met with them and the following offer has been tabled:-
• A 3% increase in basic rates for all grades covered by the Stations and Conductors Company Councils from 1st April 2019.
• New starters in these grades will enter on four-weekly electronic pay after the date of this agreement.
• Sick pay arrangements during the disciplinary process, which is currently in place for Conductors, to be extended to cover all other represented grades.
• It is reconfirmed that existing random drug and alcohol policy allows for on the day testing at the work location during the turn of duty.
• Maternity/Paternity pay will be extended in cases of premature birth by an additional four weeks’ salary. In regard to this payment, premature birth will be qualified to before week 32 of the pregnancy and the baby be requiring to be resident at a hospital.
Your National Executive Committee (NEC) has considered the offer and it has instructed me to inform the company of our acceptance. This instruction has been carried out and I have requested that the increase and the back monies are paid at the earliest opportunity.