Our Ref: BR2/0001/ARN
16th July 2019
RATES OF PAY AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE 2019 – ARRIVA RAIL NORTH
Further to my letter dated 18th April 2019, in which I advised you that our so-called brothers and sisters in the ASLEF had stitched up the RMT’s negotiating team by bypassing the collective bargaining process and consenting to a sweetheart pay deal with Arriva Rail North. I can report that the RMT has attended further pay negotiations with the company where the following revised offer has been tabled:-
- A 2.1% increase to rates of pay effective 6th April 2019.
- A 0.4% increase to rates of pay effective 6th October 2019.
- A minimum flat rate increase for those on the lowest salaries of £475.
- An increase in Maternity Entitlement in order to bring the ARN agreement in line with the TPE agreement. Therefore, nine months at full pay or the equivalent in Average Earnings.
- An increase in Paternity Entitlement of up to three weeks (two weeks at full pay and one week at statutory pay).
Having taken into consideration the views of your Lead Officer and elected Representatives, the union’s National Executive Committee has instructed me to inform the company of our rejection of the offer. This instruction has been carried out and I have informed ARN that a dispute situation now exists between our organisations. Additionally, a joint meeting is being convened with the Lead Officers and Representatives of this union, TSSA and UNITE to discuss a co-ordinated approach in respect of this pay dispute.
I trust this keeps you fully advised on the matter and I will, of course, keep you informed on any further developments.