Our Ref: BR2/0001/WMT
4th June 2018
Rates of Pay & Conditions of Service 2018 – West Midlands Trains
In line with union policy, a pay claim for an increase in pay and improved terms and conditions was submitted to the company. The Regional Organiser has met with them and the following offer has been tabled:-
• An increase of 3.85% on basic pay made up of February RPI of 3.6% and an additional 0.25%, effective 1st April 2018.
• For the lower paid grades, an increase on basic pay of 3.85% or £800 whichever is greater, effective 1st April 2018.
• All dynamic allowances to increase by 3.85%, effective 1st April 2018.
It has also been agreed that measures will be taken to improve attendance in West Midlands Trains, this to include:-
• Consistent application of MFA process through joint management and trade union training in dealing with complex sickness absence matters.
• Early intervention for employees who have patterns of regular sickness absence and where there are concerns regarding Sustainable Contribution.
In line with pension and contribution contracting out changes from 1st April 2016, all salary increases will be subject to an annual pensionable pay cap which for 1st April 2018 to 31st March 2019 is 4.15% (September 2017 RPI plus 0.25%). Regional Allowances will be includes into the salary when the pensionable cap is being applied.
Any additional increase above the annual cap during the year will be forward pensionable only, with separate restructuring premium tier amounts and dates based on the relevant salary change date. Pensionable tier information will be clearly shown on future annual pension statements.
Your union’s National Executive Committee (NEC) has instructed me to inform the Company of our acceptance of this offer. This instruction has been carried out and I have requested that the increase and the back monies are paid at the earliest opportunity.